Did you know that WordPress stands to be the leading website creation tool among the top 1 Million websites? Undeniably, its flexibility, user-friendly interface, customizable themes, and the ability to provide a ready-made layout, design, and feel of the website are factors that make it the best tool for website creation.
However, with 10,000+ themes currently available online, choosing a good theme for your blog can confuse you. To help you choose the perfect theme for your blog, we have come up with the best WordPress blog themes in 2019.
The best part about using these themes is that you can pick them up even if you are on a shoe-string budget.
Before we go ahead with the list of best WP themes for blogs, here is what you need to consider while choosing the right theme for your blog:
- Simplistic: A WordPress theme that is loaded with numerous features will probably increase the downtime on your website. This can further lead to frustration for the readers and eventually to low traffic. Therefore, it’s best to pick a simple theme.
- Responsive: As per the statistics by Statista 2019, there are currently 813.2 million mobile users in India alone. This indicates how imperative it is that your blog’s theme is mobile friendly. Keeping this in mind, choose a WordPress theme that is responsive on mobile as well.
- Reviews: Skimming through user reviews is undoubtedly a great way to know if it’s a good theme or not. If you come across a WordPress theme that has a bunch of bad reviews, stay away from that WordPress theme.
Ready? Now that you know the basics for picking the most suitable theme for your blog, here are the best WordPress themes you can give a try.
If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly, yet creative and responsive WordPress theme, Jevelin can be a perfect choice. It is a multi-purpose theme and works for all types of blogs from a writing blog or a food blog, to a blog of a designer. One prominent feature that makes this WordPress theme likable is that most bloggers find a comfortable space that helps them effortlessly publish their content, photos, or anything in general.
- Single-click website installation
- Drag and drop tool for page building
- Convenient social sharing
- SEO optimized
- Coding knowledge not required
- 40+ animation elements
Price: 59 $
Quite evident from its name, Foodica is one of the specific WordPress blog themes for food-related sites or foodie blogs. The theme consists of beautiful and specialised content display, shortcodes that are custom-built to add features like “create recipes” for your website or blog audience. Further, its layout is specially built in a way that enables you to share food pictures or images with the content systematically.
- Easy on-click demo installation
- 6 colour schemes
- Visual customizer
- Several Ad zones for uploading banners
- Compatible with Gutenberg WordPress editor
Price: $ 69
For those who are passionate about weaving words to create magical content pieces, be it in the form of storytelling, writing, or blogging,TheBlogger proves to be a perfect WordPress theme. This theme gives Ninja form compatibility and Lightbox integration for several aspects. It has launched 11 demos so far, which support all formats for postings. You can create an impressive website through this theme by choosing from more than 800 Post-sliders and Google fonts.
- Doesn’t require coding skills
- Mobile-friendly and retina-ready
- Easy sharing on social media
- Drag and drop feature in link-box widgets and main slider
This one is a great WordPress theme for a corporate, fashion, travel, food, or a personal blog. Its mobile-friendly, fully-responsive feature, pixel-perfect elements, and design layout make this WordPress theme a choice of many. In fact, its downloads have reached as high as 2,552 downloads in a single day.
- Full-width picture slider
- WooCommerce integration
- Fully responsive design
- 600+ Google fonts
- Social media sharing widget
A two-column design layout with a modern appearance, this WordPress theme is sure to entice you with its minimalistic look, great features, and its suitability for all types of blogs. The theme comes with header support, custom background, custom logo, large featured pictures, and images. It comes with a live-theme customizer using which, one can set options for flexible customization.
- Convenient-to-use theme option panel
- Customizable sidebar panel for navigation
- Animated timeline with ‘drop-in’ effect
- Drag-and-drop builder
This free blog theme is a blessing for authors, writers, and photographers. With a homepage that has featured posts in a grid-type layout, this theme never fails to keep visitors hooked to the website created with this theme.
- 350 milliseconds load time
- Follows Google’s guidelines for On-page SEO
- Clean code
- Fully responsive design
Another free theme blog for WordPress, Revive has a layout style suited to magazines that have large header images and features write-up for display in the form of posts grid. Also, it lets you have access to the “Font awesome icons” and effectively supports blogs with multiple layouts.
- Responsive design that is compatible with multiple screens like desktop, tablet, mobile, etc
- Font awesome icons for an interactive experience
- SEO and speed optimized
- Social media icons
- Custom widget and side-bar options
- Can turn into an e-commerce store with WooCommerce plugin
Hemingway is a simplistic theme for WordPress blogging, with a two-column layout that makes your published content easy-to-read. It is an idle theme for beginners who don’t want to get overwhelmed by a complicated set-up or too many alternatives to choose from. Its parallax scrolling feature that gives a faux-3D effect is quite a cool feature.
- Auto-translate into a bunch of other languages
- Video-type scrolling feature in 3D
- Retina-ready and responsive
- Simplistic two-column theme
- Custom widgets for Dribble, Flickr and video
9# The Reader
If you want to build some spectacular web pages with eye-catching sidebars and great features, look no further as The Reader is a fantastic option for you. This WP theme for blogs caters to almost every type of audience, with its six-colour palettes, responsive design, and easy to install set-up that requires no coding skills.
- Search engine optimization ready
- Speed optimized
- Advanced typography alternatives
- AdSense optimized
- Comes with an in-built schema feature
June is another coding-free theme, with enormous scope for customization and a rich layout. You get to easily add sliders and elements on sections and pages with just a few clicks. The WordPress theme comes with a bunch of premium and cool plugins like iLightbox, Apple Live Photo, LayerSlider, Slider Revolution, etc. that make the theme a must-have for your blog, regardless of the type it is.
- Wide range of templates and demo that are easy-to-install
- Clutter-free layout
- SEO optimized
- Doesn’t require coding skills
To Wrap Up
These are the best WordPress themes for blogs in 2019 that you should try out for your blog. A good website theme is one of the significant factors for attracting traffic to the website and keeping the audience hooked. Look no further and pick the right WordPress theme that suits your blog.
If you need assistance for picking the right themes which best suits your business, please drop us an email or leave your contact details. We will be happy to schedule a free consultation with one of our web design experts.
6 thoughts on “Best WordPress Themes for Blogs in 2020”
Thanks ,for sharing useful information !
We are glad that you find our blog posts useful. We do post one article every week, so do keep visiting our blog.
Amazing, these are really very beautiful themes I really enjoyed reading your post and the knowledge and information that you have shared is really very helpful and I really thank you for sharing this post. I loved the themes that you have putten up and surely will try all of them when I am working on my blog.
Thanks for your valuable reply. We do post a new article every week, keep visiting our blog.
Great info. Thank you for sharing this fascinating information together.
Thanks for your valuable comment. We are glad to know that our blog was helpful to you.