Is your WordPress blog/website SEO friendly? – A question every brand and every blogger should ask themselves.
WordPress is one of the most popular platforms to create your website or blog. It brings incredible themes and powerful features for everyone. Many themes and features are free, and hence the platform has gained millions of users.
If you want your WordPress website or blog to get organic traffic and be noticeable, the page has to be SEO friendly. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your site’s visibility and bringing it unpaid, organic traffic. Every website benefit from organic traffic.
There are so many WordPress SEO plugins that you can install to help improve your site’s SEO ranking.
Here is a list of top plugins you should consider using.
1. SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant
SEMRush is a competitive research and SEO company that was established in the year 2008 in the United States. The company is headquartered in Massachusetts. The SEO Writing Assistant helps you analyze how SEO-compatible your content is. The plugin can also be used to analyze the readability aspect of the content.
- Check the originality of the content using the plagiarism check feature
- Check the tone of the content with a click of a button
- Improve the ease of reading the content using the readability score
- Analyze the SEO quality of the content
- Find recommended keywords
Basic plugin – free
Paid packages – Pro – $99.95/month, Guru – $199.95/month, Business – $399.95/month
Free trial – 7-days
2. Google Analytics Dashboard from ExactMetrics
Google Analytics uses machine learning capabilities and unique insights to give you data and suggestions that improve your SEO ranking. The Google Analytics Dashboard by ExactMetrics is an exclusive WordPress plugin that helps you install and use all the top features of Google Analytics on your WordPress page.
- Provides SEO score tracking
- Universal website/blog page tracking across different campaigns and websites
- Helps segment the traffic based on individual keywords
- Recommends the best keywords to optimize the page
- Scroll tracking helps you know where the users lose interest while browsing the page
Basic plugin – free
Paid Packages – Plus – $99.50/year, Pro – $199.50/year, Agency – $399.50/year
3. Squirrly SEO Audit
Squirrly SEO is a fully-featured software for SEO that also includes an awesome SEO audit plugin. This is also one of the most downloaded plugins on WordPress for SEO analysis. Even if you are not an SEO expert, it is easy to make use of this plugin to improve the positioning and the presence of your website/blog page.
- Get your weekly SEO, social traffic, and blogging score
- Optimize content to improve page ranking
- The SEO audit is done keeping in mind up to 20 aspects of the page including empty descriptions, duplicate titles and description, page load time, index status of your URLs, and more
- Page ranked based on Alexa rank, domain age, site icon implementations, and page authority
- Choose the pages that need to be audited
All basic SEO features in the plugin are free to use
Paid packages – Pro – $20.99/month, Business – $71.99/month, Agency – $75.99/month
4. Yoast SEO
Called the #1 SEO plugin tool for WordPress, Yoast SEO a large group of loyal customers who benefit immensely from the tool. This SEO plugin has been helping millions of websites improve their SEO ranking and get more organic traffic since 2008. The plugin tool is used by small bloggers and large multinationals alike.
- Addition of meta tags and canonical URLs to automatically improve SEO ranking
- Gets more visitors from social media pages and search engines like Google and Bing
- Recommendation for high-quality and high-performing keywords
- Provides readability checks for websites and blogs
- Automatically suggests the addition of internal links
- Detailed Schema.org integration
The Yoast SEO free package is free for all and includes all basic SEO features
Yoast SEO Premium is the paid package that cost $89 per year for one site.
5. WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO is a WordPress plugin from the Joom United brand. This time-saving tool comes with many useful features like image SEO optimization, sitemap XML integration, and a meta-information bulk editor. The Joom United brand specializes in various other kinds of WordPress tools too.
- Ability to edit bulk website meta
- XML and HTML sitemap generation
- Console keyword suggestion
- Google Analytics tracking
- Duplicate metasearch
- Image HTML resizing options
- Search engine optimization of images
- 404 errors redirection
The basic SEO plugin for WordPress is free
Paid packages – Start – $39/ six months, Pro – $49/year, WordPress bundle – $179/year
6. W3 Total Cache Pro
W3 Total Cache (W3TC) is another good WordPress plugin that helps improve your SEO ranking and makes your page SEO friendly. Irrespective of whether you are a beginner or an advanced WordPress user, you can make a great difference to your page using this plugin.
- Up to 10 times improvement in site performance
- Improvements in SEO ranking
- Reduction in page load time
- Pages load and perform better even during high traffic
- Repeat page views are instantly counted
- Improved server performance
7. All in One SEO for WordPress (AIOSEO)
Another of the very popular and most downloaded SEO plugin for WordPress is the All in One SEO for WordPress (AIOSEO). More than 2 million individuals and brands use AIOSEO to improve the SEO rankings of their websites and blog pages. AIOSEO includes the below modules/tools.
- Local SEO
- SEO for WooCommerce platform
- Smart Sitemaps
- Advanced and extensive SEO modules
- SEO optimizer tool
- Schema snippets
- All basic tools needed to improve local SEO ranking
- Automatic generation of WordPress XML sitemap
- On page SEO analysis
- Easy integration of social media pages
- Woo Commerce SEO analysis
14-days money back guarantee available
Paid packages – Basic – $49.50, Plus – $99.50, Pro – $199.50, Elite – $299.50
8. Ahrefs SEO WordPress Plugin
Ahrefs is a small independent search engine optimization company that specializes in conducting SEO audits that improve your ranking and increase organic traffic. The Ahrefs SEO WordPress Plugin automatically identifies low-performing pages and offers recommendations to improve their performance. The SEO audit combines Google Analytics report, backlink numbers, and organic traffic to take the right actions.
- Helps understand a page/website’s backlink profile. Their live backlink database is refreshed every 30 minutes
- The plugin pulls information from Google Analytics, processes and reads the data, and gives you solid actionable improvement tips
- The plugin is lightweight and offers minimal stress on your WordPress server
Basic plugin package is available for free
Paid packages – 7 day trial version – $7, Lite – $99/month, Standard – $179/month, Advanced – $399/month, Agency $999/month
9. Rank Math
Rank Math is one of the best SEO plugins for serious WordPress users. The brand makes it very easy for anyone to optimize their content and their webpage. The product comes with 15 pre-built modules that make it very easy to configure the plugin based on your requirements. You can prevent hours of repetitive and monotonous work using this plugin.
- Helps measure and track keyword rankings
- Runs detailed SEO analysis to identify problems
- Easy user interface and installation process
- Built-in advanced SEO tool that keeps giving suggestions and recommendations
- Ability to integrate with Google Analytics
- Advanced schema generation
The basic version is free
Paid packages: Pro – $59/year, Business – $199/year
There are thousands of plugins available for managing SEO activities on your WordPress page. At the end of the day, choosing the best SEO plugin depends on individual needs. Certain features of certain plugins may prove vital for some than for others. Before you choose a plugin, analyze your needs, and compare them with the plugin’s offerings.
If you are doubtful about what features would help your brand or your page, get in touch with us. Our SEO experts have years of experience handling WordPress apps, websites, and blogs and can guide you in picking and using the right plugin. Contact us for a free consultation right away.